A very interesting episode this week with Goran Novakovic. Goran founded the Ten Pro Global Junior Tour which I only became aware of recently. It's a junior tour for under 10's to under 15's where juniors are guaranteed to get a set amount of matches, costs can be more controlled for parents and players are treated like pros.
Goran tells us how it came about and the major difference between his tour and other international junior tours. It's really interesting and I wish I was a junior again and could play in these tournaments.
Major talking points:
- How did the Ten Pro events come about
- Shortcomings from regular Junior International Events
- What is the Ten Pro Format?
- Are draws seeded or is there a ranking system?
- Is it invite-only?
- Linda Fruhvirtova
- How many events are hosted and where?
- How do you finance Ten Pro?
- The entry fee to take part
- What lessons has Goran learned from running Ten Pro events?
- Advice for parents with kids competing
- % of players who bring a coach
- What is next for Ten Pro?
Proudly sponsored by Slinger Bag
Find us on Social Media:
YouTube: Functional Tennis Podcast