Coach of Gael Monfils
This week we speak to Liam Smith, the coach of Gael Monfils. Liam is a very experienced coach that has worked with great players at all levels as well as working for academies and Federations around the world. We talk about:
- His early coaching days at Saddlebrook and Van de Meer
- Been part of a great Aussie system that has produced world class players
- Working with Radu Albot and Gael Monfils
- Had he learned form Radu and Gael.
- Coaching 2 ATP players at the same time (Radu and Matt Ebden)
- Transitioning from junior to seniors
- His new online Tennis Player Development Course
- His ideal male and female player
If you find it interesting please share with your tennis friends and family.
Thanks to our show sponsors HEAD who allow us to have a producer, a better sounding podcast and make our favourite tennis rackets. We are super fans of the Radical here at Functional Tennis!! 🙏