This week James has a past doubles partner, Jurgen Zopp, on episode 05 of the Top 100 Podcast.
Jurgen is a former top 100 ATP singles player from Estonia who is trying to break back into the Top 100 after a big injury. He talks about his:
- Junior days as a top 100 ITF player and having no one to practise with in Estonia after all his fellow tennis players go to university while he took the pro route
- Getting financial help from his national federation
- New coach simplifying tennis for him and giving him game plans which resulted in instant results.
- The qualities of a good coach
- How he found the step from futures to challenger bigger than Challenger level to ATP.
- The push into the top 100
- Injury and the challenge to break back into the top 100 after a major injury.